Leadership: Translating Challenge to Success
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
June 02, 2016
Hosted by Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, in partnership with NEJM Catalyst.
Health care leaders today are expected to have the skills to create both short- and long-term strategies that anticipate and respond to the rapidly changing health care environment. They’re faced with the formidable and immediate task of finding innovative solutions to complex challenges facing health care organizations.
Join other executives and emerging leaders in health care and take away practical, actionable ideas to implement in your own organization.
In this free, live Web event produced by NEJM Catalyst and hosted by Mayo Clinic, distinguished leaders and clinical experts from notable health organizations across the country share their perspectives on some of the critical leadership and management issues they face.
You’ll come away with:
- New perspectives on the unique challenges of leading and directing health care professionals in this rapidly changing marketplace.
- Awareness of the issues other leaders currently face and how to identify critical problems that may arise in the future.
- Common strategies and practices that high-performing health care organizations cultivate.
- Insights into what other leaders are doing to help reduce clinician stress and burnout, and how you can implement appropriate solutions and shape policies in your own organization.
- Ideas from other organizations on ways to foster innovation, anticipate change, and address dynamic, complex, and risk-laden challenges when faced with a crisis.
Welcome from Mayo Clinic
Introduction: Tom Lee, MD, MSc, NEJM Editorial Board
Opening Talk: Stephen Swensen, MD, Mayo Clinic, Event Chair
Session 1: New Strategies: Leading Through an Evolving Marketplace
Session 2: Crisis Response: Leading Through Extremes
Session 3: Burnout: Leading with Impact
Closing Remarks: Steve Swensen